Book Title: National Geographic Backyard Guide to the Birds of North America (National Geographic Backyard Guides)
Publisher: National Geographic
Author: Jonathan Alderfer
- Stokes Beginner's Guide to Birds: Eastern Region (Stokes Field Guide Series)
- National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, 7th Edition
- The Bird Watching Answer Book: Everything You Need to Know to Enjoy Birds in Your Backyard and Beyond (Cornell Lab of Ornithology)
- Midwestern Birds: Backyard Guide - Watching - Feeding - Landscaping - Nurturing - Indiana, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, ... Dakota (Bird Watcher's Digest Backyard Guide)
- National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Eastern Region, Revised Edition
- Peterson Field Guide to Birds of Eastern and Central North America, 6th Edition (Peterson Field Guides)
- National Geographic Complete Birds of North America, 2nd Edition: Now Covering More Than 1,000 Species With the Most-Detailed Information Found in a Single Volume
- Peterson Field Guide to Feeder Birds of Eastern North America
- Backyard Birds (Field Guides for Young Naturalists)
- National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of Eastern North America (National Geographic Field Guide to Birds)
Essential for the millions of Americans who watch and feed birds in their backyards—whether experienced birders or new birding enthusiasts—from the experts at National Geographic and co-author of the popular and perennial best seller Field Guide to the Birds of North America.
No matter where you live—in the country, city, a high-rise or house—this handy guide will quench your curiosity about the feathered creatures in your midst. It features 150 of the most common and interesting birds likely to be observed at backyard feeders, nesting nearby or just migrating through. An indispensable visual index of all 150 species appears on the inside front and back laminated covers, making identification a snap.
Beginning with Backyard Basics, an easy-to-follow, richly illustrated presentation on observing and identifying birds—with tips on attracting and feeding your favorite birds, birdhouses, and bird-friendly landscapes to entice nesting—the book is full of National Geographic’s iconic field guide images and maps.
Core species on everyone’s list—such as robins, woodpeckers, bluebirds and chickadees—are featured in two-page spreads including practical tips with additional imagery. Sidebars captivate with interesting and little known facts.